Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Mom's Famous Banana Bread

This is my mom's recipe, tweaked a little to be made to be vegan. :)


Ingredients:
  • 8 bananas
  • 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
  • 2 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 cup vegan butter
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts 
Directions:
  1. Whip butter and sugar together in a large bowl and set aside.
  2. In a food processor, blend together all of the bananas. Add the flaxseed and blend until smooth. Add the walnuts and pulse until they are evenly distributed. 
  3. Add the banana mixture to the butter and sugar. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together. 
  4. Pour into two large bread pans, filling each 2/3 full. 
Bake at 325 for about an hour. 


I made each of my running buddies a "mini" loaf of banana bread for Christmas. Hope everyone has a Merry Christmas! I made a blackberry lemon cheesecake today that I will have to post about soon :)
-Emily

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm going to definitely try this:) sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great and thoughtful gift idea! Love it!

    ReplyDelete